What is chiropody?
Chiropody involves the assessment and treatment of foot diseases and disorders.
Conditions we treat?
What is a Chiropodist?
A chiropodist specializes in assessing and managing diseases and disorders of the foot. Chiropodists helps to maintain and improve mobility and get rid of foot pain.
Yes, Most insurance companies will require a prescription from your Chiropodist for re-imbursement.
- Routine nail care: Difficulty cutting your nails, for whatever reason... We can help.
- Calluses: An accumulation of dead skin on the foot to protect against excessive pressure which can Become painful. Calluses are often found on the ball of the foot and the side of the big toe. The reduction in thickness of the dead skin can relieve the pain.
- Corns: Similarly to calluses, corns are also an accumulation of dead skin on the foot. Corns get their name from their specific shape, which is similar to a kernel of corn, with the cone-shaped part facing into the foot which can be very painful.
- Warts: Warts on the feet typically arise on the bottom of the feet and are called Plantars warts. Warts are a skin growth caused by a virus that is typically transferred directly or indirectly from person to person, for example at a park or public pool. Ask about the various types of wart treatments available at out clinic.
- Diabetes foot care: Diabetes can lead to varying degrees of foot problems which can be largely controlled with proper planning and care. Speak to our Chiropodist about managing your diabetes and related foot care needs.
- Orthotics: Orthotics are used for treating pain and discomfort of the foot due to improper foot mechanics. They are used to support the arch, distribute pressure evenly across the foot, and accommodate a number of specific foot conditions. Orthotics can be made to fit in most of your shoes, including many types of fashionable and sport specific footwear.